Pac-Man Ghosts and Galaga Aliens, ahhhhh.
Ground Kontrol, depending on your age, is either the coolest place you know about or the place you can’t believe you didn’t learn about until now. Over 90 video games from the ’70’s, ’80’s, and 90’s? 26 Pinball machines? Beer? Yep.
Ground Kontrol just recently started offering beer on tap. One of their contributors tested his driving abilities on Cruisin’ USA after several drinks:
- Rogue Dead Guy Ale
- Lagunitas IPA
- Deschutes Twilight Summer Ale
- Deschutes Mirror Pond Pale Ale
- Blue Moon
- Woodchuck Draft Cider Amber (which is naturally gluten-free!)
- The taps might change occasionally
Happy Hour Everyday 5-7pm
* $2 PBR & High Life tallboys
* $2.25 Session, Session Black, Coors Light
* $2.50 microbrews, imports & cider (draught & bottles)
Tuesdays they have Rock Band night at 8pm and find your inner rock star. Ground Kontrol has two levels. The main level has the video games, stage, and bar. The second level holds the pinball machines. Wednesday’s can be one of their quieter days so bring some friends and make a party of it. Also, according to their event schedule they have free play nights at the end of the month on Wednesday. Click here for more events.
By the way, I destroy people on Street Fighter with Chun Li.
Open 7 Days a Week
Noon – 2:30AM
511 Northwest Couch Street
Portland, OR 97209
Show your love for Ground Kontrol in the comments below.