Click on the bottom right to enlarge the video.
What Pouregon Does
- Pouregon uses WordPress which is considered by Google to be Best Practices for site structure. Matt Cutts from Google says, “WordPress takes care of 80-90% of (the mechanics of) Search Engine Optimization (SEO).”
- Pouregon uses Thesis. “Thesis boasts the strongest SEO of any WordPress theme on the market today thanks to its expertly-coded HTML
+PHP framework.” It’s also the cleanest coded making it easier for search engines to crawl a site with Thesis.
- We use a permalink structure on your post that is recognized by many to be the best for search engines. See here, here, video.
- The most commonly used words become the keywords which Google uses to decide what a site is all about. We are an Oregon focused site which encourages the organic use of the keywords Oregon Wine, Oregon Beer, and Coffee. The more Google loves Pouregon, the more it benefits your post. Google also likes fresh updated material hence the daily posts which is why blogs can rank higher than static unchanging websites.
- Pouregon’s deliberate posting schedule will be a key to the site’s success. Readers like knowing there is a schedule. Woot.com is a perfect example. They release a new product every day at Midnight and they have plenty of people lining up.
- Having three posts of different beverages each day allows for cross-promotion. Come for the beer and learn about a new wine. Find a coffee shop and learn about historic bar.
- Readers can subscribe and they will receive an email around 3pm everyday with the last 24 hours of posts.
- We use Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, YouTube, and any other social media site that we feel can serve you.
- People feel comfortable consuming media in different ways. Between the subscriptions and social media outlets we have almost everyone covered.
- Each post will have 24 hours on the front page and will stay on the site indefinitely. And all posts will be searchable by Google regardless where it is on the site. Much better than the yellow pages.
Your Strategy To Get Results From Pouregon’s Exposure
- Write an interesting post but remember most people don’t have a long attention span. Have you read every sentence on this page before this one? Probably not; keep that in mind.
- Write something unique about your company or product that makes it stand out and memorable.
- You can offer some kind of special offer but remember that it is not necessary. Exposure is the key and the post will exist online for years to come making any offer or special outdated.
- Have your friends and fans leave comments on your post. It gives your post testimonials which builds your reputation immediately to new readers and creates instant social clout. Have them leave comments just as soon as the post is up. That will increase the effectiveness of your post by many factors.